Black is a mysterious color associated with fear and the unknown. It usually has a negative connotation. Black denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color.
White means safety, purity, and cleanliness. As opposed to black, white usually has a positive connotation. White can represent a successful beginning.
Just, um, just OFF THE CUFF because I doubt Tarantino was even thinking about it, he’s kind of a douche, BUT
Cultural Color Meanings of Black
- power, control, intimidation
- funerals, death, mourning
- wealth, health and prosperity
- evil, negativity, darkness
- lack of appeal
- anger and apathy
- used to ward off evil
- color of mystery and the night
- may be associated with feminine energy - either evil and a threat or provocative and alluring
- bad luck, evil
Cultural Color Meanings of White
- brides and weddings
- hospitals, doctors
- peace - the white dove
- purity and cleanliness
- death, mourning and funerals
- death and mourning
- virginity and purity
- symbol of sorrow in death of family member
- traditionally the only color a widow is allowed to wear
- peace and purity
- White carnation symbolizes death
- white elephants are considered auspicious,
- white symbolizes purity in Buddhism
- purity, innocence,
- birth and death
O-ren Ishi wears the BLACK kimono when she ascends to power.
O-ren Ishi wears the WHITE kimono when she must battle one to whom she owes atonement and die.
Come on, guys. Can we pretend he was trying that time?